Saturday, September 4

My Priorities are out of wack!

After some real soul searching today I've realized that for too long my priorities have been majorly out of whack.

How it should be:

1. God
2. Brandon
3. Oliver (our son)
4. Our home
5. Myself
6. Extended family and friends
7. this blog

How it has been:

1. Myself
2. Oliver
3. Brandon
4. Extended family and friends
5. this blog
6.God
7. Our home
There have even been times when blogging has been my #1 priority and I'm ashamed to say I've been angry with Oliver for demanding my time and attention.  That's a very hard thing to admit, but its true, and I'm so very ashamed of it.
You can see how totally out of whack these priorities are.  For this reason I'm going to take a break from blogging.  I'm resolving to spend as little time online as possible as I refocus my life.  I don't know when I'll be back.  Feel free to e-mail me, but as I'll be spending much less time online I don't guarantee prompt responses.  For sure I'll miss blogging and chatting, but there needs to be some serious change, as you can see.  Amazingly enough this is not something mandated by Brandon, but something that I've realized myself and am, with God's help, going to change.  I'll be back when I am sure that blogging won't take precedent over the other much more important people and things in my life.  This also means I'll be absent from reading/commenting on everyone else's blogs.  This is currently taking alot of self-control to not delete all this and forget about this resolve, and will continue taking loads of self-control to stick with it.  I'll miss you all!  You've all been a huge part of my life lately and I'm sad to set it on the back burner, but you've all also been too big a part of my life and its time to refocus myself.

So, without further ado, I'm off to refocus!

See you all when I make it back!

PS It was pointed out to me that I might have made it sound like I wasn't going to take care of myself by putting myself 5th.  What I meant is not that I won't take care of my needs, like food, sleep, hyigene, etc., because I will, but I won't be putting my desires above my needs, Brandon's needs, Oliver's needs, or my chores.  I hope that clears that up.  Trust me, I'm still resting, sleeping, eating, and generally taking care of my physical, emotional and mental needs.  No need to worry!

1 comment:

strivingforpeace said...

Good for you Miss Alice

Good for you

sfp