Saturday, June 26

Overwhelming myself

I really shouldn't try to take on too much myself.  I do this all the time and totally over-stress and overwhelm myself to the point of major frustration.  On top of serving Brandon, taking care of baby boy, and cleaning the house I have been trying to find time to make homemade bread, rolls, etc.  I've also been trying to implement that schedule I mentioned... yeah, that was going well until I stopped following it!  I've been getting lazy again, waiting until the last minute to do my chores, not getting dressed until late in the day, and just generally lying around between baby boy's feedings.  I think the overall laziness is making me lethargic and cranky.  The thing is, I do get everything done that I'm supposed to do by the time Brandon gets home from work so there hasn't really been a breach of the rules.  I guess I've just got to make myself manage my time better by sticking to the schedule I made and not allowing myself to sit down until the chores are done.  By putting my desires before Brandon's I'm being really selfish and self serving.  It has to stop!

By the way, if any of you have a good tomato bisque recipe I'd love to get it from you!  Brandon has been really wanting some and I have never made it before.

3 comments:

turiya said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. It can take a while to get back on track after having a baby. If you try to do too much as once, you'll burn yourself out. Trust me on that... I did it and ended up bedridden for my efforts. Not a pleasant experience when you've got an infant.

My biggest problem with the schedules and stuff I was setting I realized was that I was trying to do too much at once. I was overwhelming myself. Maybe try cutting back on your tasks and focus on the most important things. Then as you build up your stamina again start adding more things. Like instead of baking bread, for now, just buy it already made. That can cut down on a lot of work for you until you get back on track.

Just a suggestion... I'd hate to see you burn yourself out.

*hugs*

turiya

Alice said...

I definitely have to cut something out. I just don"t know what. I naturally take on alot and tend to overwork myself. I really just need to settle myself and be content with doing less than normal.

turiya said...

I'm the same way... that's why I ended up burning myself out. It started toward the end of my pregnancy then caught up with me shortly after our daughter was born. I ended up having to slow down or end up in the hospital, which I really didn't need.

*hugs*

turiya