Thursday, June 24

A Revealing

I'm about to talk about something I've never told anyone.  The reason I am talking about it here is that I feel the anonymity of this place allows me to open up and be honest about things I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about otherwise.  I've never talked about why Brandon and I took on a D/s like marriage.  At first it was still too painful a thing to share, then I felt too ashamed, now I need an outlet to talk about some things that would be innapropriate to discuss with my husband, and too uncomfortable to discuss with any close friends.

The first year of our marriage was not like this.  I worked, I made decisions, I ruled.  We loved each other very much, but didn't realize how detrimental this was to our marriage.  This led to a terrible decision on my part, something I will forever regret.  I started an affair, it didn't last long, but several months was still too long.  During this time I left my husband, told him I wanted a divorce, and moved in with the guy I was seeing.  This guy was a self proclaimed Dom, that was a joke!  He was abusive.  Not that he beat me, but it could have easily gone down that road.  He cut me off from my friends and family, only allowing those in my life that he chose because they posed no threat to him.  He also demanded things of me sexually that I didn't want to give, but through manipulation and coercion he got them.  I finally realized what was happening when I had to go behind his back and call my mom just to talk to her.  During all of this Brandon never stopped fighting for me, not once.  I am extremely lucky that he was able to forgive me and accept me back as his wife.

Once we were back together we both talked and realized that our problem had stemmed from a resentment that I'd never expressed.  I explained that I didn't want to be in charge.  I wanted him to lead, to be more dominant.  Before I'd had no respect for him even though I loved him.  We are both christians, but we hadn't been living like it for a while, nor had we been trying to hide that fact.  After lots of talking, reading, and praying we agreed that in a christian marriage the husband is commanded to be the head of the house, the leader of his wife, and the wife is commanded to submit to her husband.  I don't believe that this means there is no equality.  We are equals in that I am not less than Brandon, but we both have different roles in our marriage that allow us to work together and live together more harmoniously.  That is how our D/s dynamic came to be put into place.

What I really want to talk about though is what happened with the other man.  Obviously I can't discuss this with Brandon, nor do I feel comfortable discussing it with anyone else.  I don't even expect any sort of response from those of you who read this blog.  I do however need to tell someone what happened, and guess what, you guys are it because you don't know who I am.  At first there was just flirtation, he made me feel special and I had been feeling lonely so I was easily drawn to any kind of attention.  I'd been interested in BDSM for quite a while before this and eventually we started talking about that as well.  He told me he was a Dom and at the time Brandon wasn't fulfilling the needs I had in that area (because I didn't tell him, so totally my fault here) and so I turned to this guy for those needs.  I don't know why I let it get sexual.  It wasn't my intention, I didn't even want to have sex with the guy, but the dominance excited me and I wanted to try it out.  After I moved in with him the abuse began.  He berated me when I told him I wasn't ready to swallow his cum (I can't do it, my gag reflex is just too strong) and held me down as he came all over my face, then he still made me swallow it.  I couldn't though and spit it all up and he treated me like dirt for that.  When I would use my safeword during play he would get mad and either ignore it or storm out of the room telling me how useless I was.  It got to the point that I only had sex with him because I believed that I didn't have any other choice.  I no longer wanted to be with him, but I didn't know what to do.  I was too ashamed at that point to go back to Brandon, even though he kept persuing me, and I'd pushed away all my friends at the command of this guy.  So I continued on, allowing myself to be used and abused and eventually he beat down all my defenses and I would do anything he said.  Luckily for me the only thing I kept was my desire to talk to my mother, not about what was happening, but just to hear her voice and know she was there.  One night when the guy was out I conjured up a bit of bravery and called her.  We talked for a long time and she pointed out to me that I was in a completely unhealthy relationship.  Somehow I was able to open my eyes and really see what was happening.  Brandon and I started talking and meeting and a friend of ours helped me move out and back in with Brandon.  I take all the blame for the affair, leaving Brandon, hurting him so horribly, and making such a huge mistake.  However, I also know that there came a point when I was helpless to act or speak for myself, and although I am lucky to have gotten out, it scares me that I ever allowed it to go that far.  I know I will never do this again, or allow that much control to be exerted over me.  Brandon would never do those things to me.  Instead of constantly trying to prove his dominance, he is constantly proving his love for me, if this means taking control then he does, if this means allowing me to make a decision then he does that too.  He would never take family or friends away from me, and never force me to do anything I didn't want to do.  I have been thinking on this part of my past lately because Brandon asked me if I would ever let him cum on my face.  I told him no, and I wanted to tell him why, but I couldn't.  I can't allow him to do that because it would be too much of a reminder of my horrid affair.

5 comments:

Florida Dom said...

Thank you for sharing. I hope it helped to get those terrible memories off your chest. That is why blogging is so good. It gives people a chance to tell their most innermost thoughts because it is anonymous.

And again I am sorry you were treated that way because that guy gives doms a bad name. A good dom respects his sub and nurtures her. and she submits freely to him.
There is no abuse involved in a true D/s relationship.

FD

Alice said...

Part of me thinks he was only playing at it because he knew it would make me more interested in him. He did say he was newer at it and we bought a really good book, S&M 101, but he never read it, I have read it cover to cover over and over again. I'm just glad that I'm exploring this with someone that loves me and will always do what is best for me and for us.

It was extremely cathartic to get that out there. Thanks for listening (reading).

turiya said...

First *big hugs*... it's really brave of you to talk about this... even though we don't know you and you don't know us. You have no idea how many people your story can help. So many people don't realize there is a difference between D/s and abuse... some people actually believe that the abusive aspects is how it's supposed to be. It's so easy to get caught up in that trap (contrary to popular belief). Your story can quite possibly help save someone from a worse fate.

Second, you seriously have nothing to be ashamed of. You made a mistake... we all do. Granted this was a bigger mistake than some people make, but you learned from it and moved on with your life. Nothing we do is truly horrible if we learn from it and our lives become better because of it.

*hugs*

turiya

Alice said...

Turiya, sometimes it is easier to share things with people that you don't know and who don't know you. Honestly, I did know it wasn't how it should be, I knew it was somewhat abusive, but I so wanted to please someone, to make someone proud that I ignored it and thought that if I just tried harder he would be less abusive. What kind of backward thinking is that?! Anyway, it was definitely a learning experience at the least. Unfortunately I'll won't be able to see it as something not to be ashamed of until it isn't an almost daily struggle for Brandon.

He has definitely forgiven me, but that is something he has to do everyday right now, conciously forgive me and decide to put it behind us. Some days he isn't all that successful, and I don't blame him. It isn't something that you just forgive and forget. It will take time, but until that day when it is no longer a heart wrenching struggle for him I won't be able to feel anything but horrid shame in regards to my mistake. He has told me many times that I need to forgive myself, but how can I do that when I see how much it hurts him? Truthfully, the amount of time between the days that it is harder for him is growing longer. Someday I will be able to forgive myself.

turiya said...

You're definitely right about it being easier sharing with people you don't know. I mean... here I am sharing intimate aspects of my relationship with Asha on my blog that I won't even share with my closest friends. Well... except the ones who know about our lifestyle choices and read the blog anyway. I have a few friends who actually know about it.

I can understand you feeling guilty over it, though, especially since he's still hurting over it. But I imagine as his trust and faith in you is restored, that will all change. Like everything else, it'll just take some time.

And believe it or not... you're not the first person to stay in a relationship that you knew was unhealthy. Sometimes the fear of leaving a bad situation can be greater than staying. Not an easy concept for those who have never been there to understand, but I stayed in an abusive relationship for 3 years, so I know how confusing it can be.

*hugs*

turiya