Wednesday, June 2

I'm back, sorta

So, on May 15th my beautiful baby boy was joyfully welcomed into this world.  This would explain my lack of activity such as posting or commenting.  He is 2 1/2 weeks old now and my life is slowly getting in order.  Thats a lie, it is no where near being orderly.  He seems to be on a schedule, which should make my life simpler, but I just can't seem to keep up with time.  I wish that the 3 hours between his feedings could extend to 5 hours, or that time would just stop during those windows so that I could have unlimited amount of time to do all that needs to be done.  Being a mother is exhausting.  I'm so glad that I have Brandon to help me because I'm sure I couldn't do this on my own.  My little baby is so precious, and I love him so much!  He's gorgeous and I'd love to post a picture of my beautiful son, but that would not be such a brilliant idea.

Interesting thing happened, Brandon's sex drive has come back with a vengance.  He isn't holding anything back.  All the domly things I've loved have suddenly presented themself full force... the only problem is we can't have sex.  How absolutely frustrating is that?!  Apparently it isn't normal for women to want sex so soon after giving birth, but I can't help my nature.  I want it badly, he wants it badly, and we've got at least 3 1/2 more weeks to go... could be longer if the doctor says I haven't healed enough.  I did tear pretty badly and I still feel a little pain from that, but I'm hoping that these next 3 weeks will be plenty of time for my body to heal enough for sex.

I also think I'm a bit crazy.  For one thing I looked at my beautiful baby boy the other day and thought to myself, lets go again!  I'm ready!  I want to be pregnant again and have another beautiful baby.  Now, compared to many first time mothers my labor and delivery was fairly easy.  However, I did do it all naturally and I find that I'm amazed that I actually want to go through that again so quickly.  Yet, I wouldn't change a thing.  And I'd like to have another baby as soon as possible and I will most likely do it naturally again.  I'm fairly certain I've gone completely nuts.  Secondly, you know how some women get all forgetful during their pregnancy and might act a little blonde (or alot blonde), well I didn't do that so much during pregnancy but now, I am officially a ditz.  I'm extremely forgetful and very blonde.  How lame is that?!  I attribute it to lack of sleep... but that is really my fault because instead of napping when I can during the day to make up for lost sleep during the night I choose to clean house or cook, and then I still stay up till 1 or 2 am, so lack of sleep is really all my fault.

Luckily I haven't dealt with much depression.  Yes, there is a small bout here or there about something probably totally ridiculous, but on the whole I've been pretty happy and normal.  Hopefully it won't come later.

Anyway, so that is my update.  I'm back, but I probably won't be posting often.  This is a rare evening that I am not cooking dinner and baby is sleeping and so I have free time.  (I should be napping probably)

1 comment:

turiya said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you. I'll be honest... the first year is really hard. Once he starts sleeping through the night it will get a bit easier, but really the first year is kinda hard. You'll be tired a lot... so yeah... try to sleep as much as possible.

Trust me... this is the best time to get caught up on sleep cause once the toddler years get here (and believe me... it comes fast) you can probably forget sleep all together. LOL

*hugs*

turiya