Tuesday, August 3

Major oops!

So today is the 3rd of the month, tomorrow will be the 4th... and today was the last grace day to turn in rent for our apartment.  I forgot, until just now, when I panicked!  The late fee is something like 25 dollars, which we can't afford.  Paying rent is my responsibility!  I've never forgotten, although I have turned it in on the 2nd or 3rd once or twice, but never have I passed that last day.  I feel absolutely horrible!

Tomorrow I'm going to have to go in to the office first thing (which means no sleeping in) and try to convince management to let it slide just this once.  I really hope that they can just wave it this once, but if not maybe they could make it 15 dollars instead... fingers crossed.

Ugh, things like this make me feel so much like a failure!  And stupid.  I just can't believe I did this!  I was even thinking about it yesterday and then today I just blanked.  Oh I know, its like a one time offense, and everyone makes mistakes, and 25 dollars really isn't horrible... but for us it is.  We barely make it with paying rent, utilities, phone bill, formula and diapers, and food.  We make it, but we never have enough to save.  We never have extra, and so 25 dollars is alot to through away on one stupid mistake!

I will never ever do this again, from now on I'm paying it early!

3 comments:

strivingforpeace said...

it's early -- RENT SLOT

Just write the check for the normal amount -- put it in the slot before they open -- you'll be fine.

Alice said...

That would have been a great idea... if they had a freaking rent slot! But noooo, they don't.

So I'm stuck paying the late fee, which is actually $50, not $25 as I'd thought. And $50 is significantly more. At least Brandon isn't mad at me, although I think he should be, but he sees that I'm already beating myself up about it pretty badly so he isn't going to make that worse.

Like I said, next time I'm paying it early!

Alice

turiya said...

I made a $250 mistake back in Feb, which by July had us about $1000 behind (amazing how it snowballs). I was sooooooooo thankful for the tax return which got us caught up, but I'm still disappointed over the fact that the money could have been spent on more fun things had I not screwed up in the first place. So I know exactly how you feel... it can be really stressful when you screw up with the finances.

*hugs*

turiya