Monday, August 23

How Parents (we) Have Sex

When you have a baby/child, even just one, your entire life gets rearranged for you.  Your baby doesn't care that you didn't sleep well last night, or that you need to clean the house right then, or that you desperately need a shower.  Nope they care only about themselves and what makes them happy.  They are very selfish little creatures, but that is really okay because my baby is the most adorable baby on the planet and I love him so very much that I will do everything in my power to make him the happiest little baby on the planet.  However, just as every other part of your life, your sex life gets changed up and turned around.  You no longer can just go at it when the mood strikes, or any place in the house.  Brandon and I used to like to find fun and different places to have sex, but no more!  Also timing is essential.  Is the baby asleep?  Great!  Let's do it!  Sometimes though this means that both Brandon and I are also asleep.

LOL.

Yes, if you have not read this post, then you don't know what I'm talking about. 

Brandon and I find that ever since the birth of baby boy we wake up finding ourselves in the midst of foreplay and ready to move on to sex.  I think it is hilarious, although it does interrupt our sleep and make waking up in the morning even less fun than it normally is, but this whole sleep sex has become a normal part of life for us.

So how do we, as parents, have sex?

In our sleep!

1 comment:

turiya said...

Heh... I know the feeling, but the good part is that in just a few short years he will be so engrossed in playing that you'll be able to sneak off to the bedroom for a quicky. Not exactly the most romantic thing, but hey... it works. Better than sex in your sleep. LOL

*hugs*

turiya