Tuesday, August 10

In a moment of rashness and stupidity

So, I was chatting with my good friend Heaven last night and mentioned a recent moment of rashness that caused an action of stupidity that I can't take back now and her reaction was quite hilarious so I thought I'd share this moment of mine with you all and see what you think. 

The other night Brandon's computer stopped working.  At first it was a problem of it shutting itsself off, but after he cleaned the fans (hoping that was the issue) and tried to turn it on, well we found out the power supply had broke.  Stupid computers.  Anyway, so we'll fix that when we can, but for now we are down to one computer.  My laptop.

Normally if I am busy on my laptop that means Brandon is on his computer, but since it is broken this was not the case.  I was reading an e-book and so Brandon had to find ways of entertaining himself.  Mostly he played Super Mario Bros on our DS Lite, but after a while he got bored and asked if I would soon be done.

I wasn't anywhere near done, and told him so.  The look on his face was one of defeat.  For some reason that just flipped a switch in me.  I thought that because I had something he wanted he was ceding power to me.  I was wrong about this, but in that moment I wasn't thinking.  I (may have) stormed out of our room and gone to the kitchen.  After drinking some water I came back and nicely (I really was nice!) shoved my laptop towards him and said, "You can use it now."  However, Brandon had decided to try and sleep since he was so bored and told me, "I'm going to bed now."

Well, I thought he was laying on the bed pouting and so I huffed and flopped on the bed as well.  Brandon turned and asked what was wrong so I told him how I felt.  When I said that I felt like he'd given me some kind of power simply because I owned something he wanted to use, he got all butt-hurt and asked if I liked this supposed power.  I told him emphatically, NO!  I don't want it.

He wasn't really getting it and I was frustrated and annoyed, and again, not thinking clearly.  Well, I then decided that only thing left to do was to give him my laptop.  Yes, as in hand over ownership.  *beats head against wall*  Stupid stupid Alice!  Of course he understood what I was saying after that.  But it was too late.  Bye bye laptop!

So after telling this story to Heaven last night she suggested that I explain to him that I was not thinking clearly when I gave it to him and could I please have it back...

Heaven, it didn't work.  He laughed.  And then said "No way!  That's just too bad for you!"

So that is the story of how I lost my laptop and failed to get it back.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

At least you tried ... hopefully you can get it back once the other one is fixed!!!

*Hugs*
Humbly His,
Heaven

Alice said...

Yeah, that isn't gonna happen! He said once we have the other one fixed then I can "borrow" the laptop, but he won't give it back to me :(