Friday, July 30

Tremble

I am a writer.  I love putting words on paper that elicit happiness, laughter, tears, sadness, and even anger.  Lately I haven't written anything.  I constantly have ideas or stories bouncing around in my head but they never seem to come out the way I want them too, and being a perfectionist I can't help but abandon something that isn't just so.  Last night I wrote a poem, and today I tweaked it just a bit.  I'm not sure if I am completely impressed with it, but it is a start to writing again.  So, if you have any praise or constructive criticism please feel free to comment, but be nice.  I'm a sensitive writer!

Tremble
by Alice Whittier

Here I am, on my knees before you
I am bound, completely yours
I see the verdict in your eyes, you have decided
Yet I am blind, unaware and uncertain
What is to be my fate?

I beg of you, have mercy!

I surrender myself to you entirely
My body, my mind, my will is yours
I give myself over to your desire
In my submission I find peace
I pray, if I find favor in your sight...

I beg of you, have mercy!

These ropes that bind me, set me free
I desire not to fight nor to flee
For you I would stay confined forever
Trussed up for your great pleasure
Bound this way, do I entrance you?

I beg of you, be merciful!

A little pain, a little pleasure
Your eyes speak of love and passion
The sadist thrives on endless screams
The lover soothes my pain with kisses
Am I to be tortured thus forever?

I beg of you, be merciful!

Before you, on my knees, I tremble
I know of your love, unshakable
I submit to you with pure abandon
Trusting you not to harm but cherish
I am confident in this...

I find that you are merciful.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

WOW ... such a beautiful poem!!! I really like it *smiles* no criticism from this girl!!!

*Hugs*
Humbly His,
Heaven

Alice said...

I'm glad you liked it so much! I always try to find a way to make my poems/writing just a bit unique and sometimes that means people don't like it, but I'm very happy that you did.

Alice